Curb Management in Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv’s public realm and especially pavements are falling short in space to accommodate all users. In some areas, the number of pedestrians, micro mobility vehicles, delivery motorbikes and large size vehicles practically collapse the pathway’s capacity, making it impossible or even risky to walk.
The Tel Aviv municipality has yet to tackle the problem and is approaching this challenge in an exploratory way.
The solution should meet at least one of the following objectives:
- Examine different approaches for curb management, data collection and insights
- Explore new options of reusing public space
- Public order, detection and removal of obstacles from the curbside
- Implement new solutions to ensure that all curb users are safe
- Clear space for Pedestrians
- Reduce numbers of Micromobility riding on sidewalk
The solution should target at least one of the following impacts:
- Marketed Innovations
- City engagements in proposal
- Designed/Tested Innovations